Adventures in Homeschooling in Southern Indiana

Saturday, November 15, 2008

Culture Wars

Based on the Bishop's conference, I think the election may have moved them from cold to hot territory. And it might be a good thing.

For the last 8 years, a lot of us (like me!) have been pretty lukewarm on abortion. I've always opposed it, I pray to end it, I try to donate to my local crisis pregnancy center when I can, but I haven't really bugged my congressmen or anything.

Why? Because I think, at some level, I figured that I didn't need to worry about anything passing, because George Bush would veto it. I think a lot of us were in that position. But when we kept quiet, politicians figured we'd changed our minds or gone away. So now we're faced with incredible acts of hubris like FOCA.

Force Doctors and Nurses to perform abortions, even if it's against their conscience? Force Catholic Hospitals to perform abortions? Do you REALLY think this will fly, Obama/Pelosi/Reid? (I need a new name for the trio... maybe Obresi?)

Because, to me, that sounds a lot like the majority forcing it's religion (abortion as a good thing) on the minority.... and we will fight to make sure it doesn't happen.

No comments: