Adventures in Homeschooling in Southern Indiana

Sunday, December 14, 2008

A question

My doctor told me it was better to miscarry naturally and avoid a D&C. She said a D&C increases your risk of fertility problems, placenta previa, ectopic pregnancies and other complication.

Makes sense. After all, you're scraping the Uterus clean.

Now, we're told again and again that abortion does NOT cause any problems. But an abortion is just a D&C on a living baby instead of a dead one.

Hmmmmm.....

Maybe OBs are just incompetent.

Because the abortion industry would NEVER lie to women, right?

2 comments:

ragamuffin diva said...

I'm so sorry about your loss, sis. I've had two early miscarriages and a still born baby. I know how hard this is.

May the Lord bless and keep you, and cradle your sweet baby in His hands.

Thanks for your kind words today on my blog. Hope to chat with you again. Feel free to email if you want to talk more (and privately).
claudia.mair.burney@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

I too am sorry about your miscarriage. In response to the statements about D&C, I am no doctor, but my understanding is that in the first trimester, the risk of scarring from a D&C (and potentially future fertility problems) is less than 2%. I also thought the scarring could be fixed. The risk is higher after the first trimester (I don't know how much higher), but again, I think it can be fixed if it does occur.

I don't think anyone is out there trying to trick women into having abortions. I don't think anyone believes that abortion is a great idea. I think some just believe that women should have all the available options open to them, so that they can make the choice they believe is best for them, in their particular circumstance (even if it is not an easy choice to make).

Have a Merry Christmas