Adventures in Homeschooling in Southern Indiana

Saturday, December 13, 2008

Why I'm Lucky

1. I actually got to see my child, hold my child, and bury my child. A lot of women don't.

2. I spend all my time around people who understand about babies. So I haven't had to listen to a lot of rude, unfeeling comments.

3. My priest did a wonderful job with the graveside service.

4. I think my bleeding might be slowing down.

5. I have other kids. I used to think this was a heartless thing to say after losing one, because kids aren't interchangeable. But having other kids does make the pain easier to handle, because I have people to hold, people to rock, and people who miss Paul as much as I do around me all day. And I can't imagine how other women bear this ache with empty arms.

No comments: