Adventures in Homeschooling in Southern Indiana

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Another Day in the Phoneme Mine

Today went better. She seems to do best in about 5 minute spurts. Otherwise, things just get silly.

So now I'm wondering, what can I do to help her learn to concentrate and focus as she grows older?

On a lark, I plugged "Teaching homeschool concentration" into Google, and the second hit I got was this.

Now, why didn't *I* think of that? She's already obsessed with watching her dad play turn-based strategy games, and she wants to learn chess anyway.

Time to hit the library for a few chess books... maybe I can improve my own, super-duper-pathetic game while I'm at it.

Or, we could just devote hours to Penguins.




Hmm... the price has skyrocketed since Christmas... what's up with that??? It really is a fun game though. And it's pure strategy but has simple moves and inviting pieces, so I think it's a good first strategy game.

No comments: